Looking for a new place to work with a unique, technical company culture? Continental Electronics Corporation (CEC) has been in business for over 70 years and is a positive place to work.
The technology we build and the work we do makes a difference in the lives of people all around us.
Our employees say it’s very rewarding ~ most often, you see the products built from start to finish!
The Electro-Mechanical Designer will be designing and drafting a variety of different products in a low-volume, high-mix shop, building sophisticated systems.
If you’re qualified based on the requirements below, please apply! This job in the RF (radio frequency) niche could be just what you’ve been looking for!
Performs design and drafting of both electrical and mechanical aspects of electronic equipment. You will have the opportunity to develop unique and detailed designs for industrial RF technology products.
Using 2D and 3D CAD software, the Electro-Mechanical Designer creates new product designs as well as updating existing products.
• Designs complex mechanical and electronic equipment such as plumbing and sheet metal with minimal supervision
• Creates detailed piece part drawings and Bill of Materials
• Performs complex CAD design and documentation operations
• Maintains current knowledge of practical fabrication techniques
• Performs work involving originality and application of advanced drafting techniques
• Considers and analyzes design factors such as correct functioning, strength-weight efficiency, availability of materials and equipment, ease of fabrication and interchangeability
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Strong computer aided design (CAD) skills
• Minimum of 5 years of CAD (3D and 2D drafting) experience
• Inventor 2015 and Autocad 2015 required; SolidWorks experience may be considered
• Must be able to pass CAD 2D and 3D test
• Microsoft Office: Word and Excel
• Drug screen required
• Travel might be needed (5-10%)
• AA degree in Drafting Technology or equivalent practical experience
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Proactive work-ethic and take ownership of work
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must regularly type using computer keyboards.
Reasonable accommodations may be provided in order to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and tasks.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Typical work hours are Monday through Friday,
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Overtime may be required. Hours are somewhat flexible.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran
Apply on Indeed.com or e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB REQUISITION #: CEC 2018-400